Skip to main content

Re: I can’t cope

IMG_6153.jpeg

@Captain24 oh that is a good sign! Although monthly sessions isn't always ideal hey, but sounds like it's worth the wait!

Aww yay! Sounds like she's really in your corner! Bout time someone was!! (I mean, someone not part of this virtual space cos obvs we've been in your corner from day dot 😋). Makes such a difference hey, and it is sooooo awesome to hear how motivated you are 😍

Mm arvos and evenings can be tricky, to me it's cos this is when the world starts to sloooowwwww..... thus meaning there's way more opportunities for us to be alone with our thoughts and not doing much. So perhaps it's a good opportunity to introduce some hobbies and activities and stuff into your routine? Maybe just one thing to start with tho you know? Gotta take it slowly, and don't wanna accidentally overload yourself ay. Haha yeah I've been there, it's not fun to accidentally make your hobbies into a chore that you resent.... so yeah, take it slow!!

Oh heck yes, that is huge. Feels good to be made a priority, hey 😉

aww that's a sweet picture, i feel the same about seeing my rabbit @Captain24 also hey! 😊

It’s just that she is way next week and then I work the following 2 @Jynx. I have booked in three appointments and one of those is face to face. So I’ll travel down there. 

It’s a good motivation. To actually care what my psych thinks means so much more to me. It’s unbelievable to have a non virtual support. Someone that cares, recognises the wins and helps and encourages with the losses. I’m a little bit obsessed at the moment. 

I have been trying to do diamond art of an afternoon but it’s feeling like a chore as you said. It’s just like I have to do it. I need to try other stuff. Maybe walking the dogs too. 

I need fix my evenings as well but one thing at a time

I use to have a pet rabbit @rav3n 

aww was your rabbit affectionate and playful? @Captain24 mine doesn't like being held but he does like pats.. not super playful tho, he prefers his solitude 😆

Not really affectionate @rav3n. He did love playing with toys though. He would sit on the lounge next to me for me to scratch his ears

@Captain24 incredible!! And another great thing about this is that even if you do have to stop seeing her (let's hope not, but life got those curve balls sometimes hey), you now have a standard that all other therapists must at least somewhat reach before you'd accept working with em. No more settling!!

Yeah maybe if you're feeling like you're doing diamond art because you're 'supposed to be' then it kinda takes the zen away from it. I think the tricky thing about apathy and anhedonia though is that we do need to force ourselves to a certain degree - cos our circuits are all geared one way and we're tryna alter them to fire another way, so there's gonna be some resistance. But then, if you're at a point where you actually feel worse for forcing yourself, like how you might feel resentful and tired of the diamond art for instance, then yeah probably good to shake things up!!

Would you go for another fiddly but fun artistic activity like colouring in, or Lego or something? Or shake it up further and try something new entirely?

Like you say though - one thing at a time!

I now know what is acceptable @Jynx. But I do actually have another psychologist up my sleeve if I need her. She’s from the hospital too. She is the one that got me to find my inner child!

I need to set up another Lego and I did also order an origami kit plus I have a latch hook kit. So I do have things I just need to dig them out. And yes.. I have no enjoyment in anything. Not even the other day when I walked the dogs. 

What do I do to find enjoyment again? How do I find it? Is it still inside me or has it gone? 

I hope your ok cap