Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ButterflyWings
Senior Contributor

32 years

That's how long I've known a family who lost their Mum on Mother's Day. I too knew this brilliant woman and grew up with her girls who are now also Mums. I feel flat and sad at the loss of someone who meant a lot growing up. Not even 70 and cancer took her after a valiant fight. She was and is very special. [edited by moderator] rest well 🩷🩷🩷🩷

I feel this as I'm losing my dear Mum too. I know what it is to nearly lose mine to cancer in 2018.

Grief is following me like a black panther. I cannot take this...and yet I will as always.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: 32 years

Hugs @ButterflyWings ,

It sounds so hard. Grief is a tricky one. There is no denying how much you loved and cared for these people.

You have every right to feel what you are feeling right now. This is part of the grief process.

I admire your resilience and your desire to connect with people despite the difficulty of the situation. We are here to support each other.

Remember, you are not alone. We are sitting with you.

tyme

@ButterflyWings  Sorry to hear that. i feel you. Its really hard when loved ones leave. And in this its forever. Things happen. we have to face those. Holding with you ❤️

Hi @ButterflyWings 

I can feel your pain, so sorry to hear you going through grief. 

Embrace the journey, and remember that you are not alone in your struggles. Reach out for support, whether it be from friends, family, or a professional therapist. Remember that grief is a natural part of life, and it is okay to feel sad, angry, or lost during difficult times. This is how I felt when I lost my uncle a few years ago and my aunt not so long ago.

As you navigate through the ups and downs of life, remember to be kind to yourself. Take time to rest, recharge, and reflect on your experiences. Practice self-care and self-compassion, and give yourself permission to grieve and heal in your own time, take care.

Owlunar2
Senior Contributor

Grief is hard to bear @ButterflyWings 

And I am sorry too - unfortunately there are no right words anyone can say to ease your pain but you are not alone  - we understand and we care

Grief is the price we pay for loving - we all grieve through life 

Look after yourself and please keep in touch 

Owlunar💖

@Owlunar2 

beautifully expressed.."grief is the price we pay for loving"

without love there is nothing

@ButterflyWings 

grief is love that has nowhere to go....

Jamie Anderson said, “Grief, I've learned, is really just love. It's all the love you want to give, but cannot. All of that unspent love gathers in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in the hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go.”

could it help you to look around for other opportunities to express your love?

there are so many ways to share your heart.... the world is desperate for true love.

may you be gentle with yourself and know that you are loved.

Thankyou @OM108 @ButterflyWings 

I am into my senior years now and naturally - I have lost many people whom I have loved - it always hurts, also - it's hard to live past and there are no short cuts

But I have learned through all of my life - and grief - as hard as it lives does ease - we have to go on after all

And the whole journey is worth it - as they say - better to have loved and lost than never to have loved. We are always enriched by the lives of those who have loved us - and we have loved.

That is something about living a long life - there has been so much to learn and I am still learning

Go gently through life: avoid vexatious spirits - enjoy wonderful moment - a sunrise - heavy rain after a drought - a moment of humour among friends.

I am sorry life its tough share on the road - personally I think that our lives are more interesting because events are so challenging.

But tough - yes - I know

Owlunar

Another two friends, one of 8years friendship, and one of my whole life who I just got told about....have joined the list. I feel like it's permeating me. Sigh

Awww @ButterflyWings , I'm so sorry to hear this. I hear how vulnerable you may be feeling at the moment.

Here's a hug for you.

Whenever I see you username, it reminds me of how beautifully delicate butterflywings can be. HUgs to you.

Not sure if you want to join, but we are on the Live Sunday Hangout at the moment. Topic: A proud moment. JOIN US! Live Sunday Hangout 7-8:30pm AEST 

Yes - it is overwhelming @ButterflyWings - I understand - it can feel as though the fabric of your life is coming undone.

Take it gently and give yourself time - we care about you here

Owlunar

thNUISRC2N.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance