Skip to main content

Re: Email links not taking me directly to the discussion

No @NikNik - one  computer only. If I close the window and then re-open it I have to sign in again - even if I haven't logged off or restarted computer or wifi.

Hi 

I've also had to sign in repeatedly since having the app installed on my phone... but usually happens if i switch from one to the other or go from cellular connection to wifi...

lj

Hi @Former-Member
Sorry - I just missed your post!
So to clarify, you're not getting all the notifications that tells you someone has @mentioned you. What about emails to let you know there have been responses in threads you have subscribed to?

@Zoe7 & @Former-Member

Have either of you used the new notification function? The picture of the bell on your desktop or mobile version? When you press that, a list of notifications will drop down.

I wonder if they are providing you with all of your notifications....

@NikNik I have been using the bell for notifications - I haven't noticed any notifications missing there but I do tend to look at emails first

@NikNik, I changed setting ages ago to rec Daily Digest of likes & comments on threads (cause it was overwhelming me) and the digest comes through to email OK. I'm just worried i'm missing a lot of 'tags' and offending people. Its not everyone, sometimes I get a whole heap of tag notifications hours late. Good luck sorting it, not sure where you'd begin sorting that out. Faith-and-hope has mentioned she's not receiving all her tagged posts either xox

@NikNik Hello. I have logged on today and realised I had been tagged and not notified via email. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Please advise. Many thanks.

Hi @janedoe2

You can find out how to manage notifications here

You need to be on desktop version to amend them

Hope this works. Let me know if you have any quesitons

Nik

Thanks @NikNik. I will do that. The email notifications ate working now. While trying to work out what to do I asked a coffe thread. Now I'm getting all entries without being tagged. How do I stop that as it goes off every 5 minutes literally.

Hi @janedoe2 It's likely that you have subscribed to the thread.

You can unsubscribe by going to your settings again and then 'noficiations & subscriptions' and then 'My subscriptions' you should see a list of discussions you are subscribed to.

Hope this helps

Nik