Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Living w early on set dementia

Nah, go right ahead and chew my ear off 🙂 @McFluffy 

It's also good to tell them what you want from the meetings too! Don't just focus on what you don't like about yourself.... eh?

@McFluffy as promise just checking on after your counselling session

@Daddymac hey matey.  (Moo). Thank you for asking. It didn't go well today.  Had a chew of someone's ear above.  Will go home tomorrow, just being flying solo for two days is both fun and stressful. First trip without the dog, this has been very hard. Thank you for asking about me.  Just gonna take some time to let today go.  I'm not sure other people appreciate brain holes and what that means. I do regret chewing your ears, you've got a bucket to carry too.  But... Physically and brain good today.  Hope you're good and spent a good day with your wife and family.  Did you go to the beach again today?  I hope so. I do hope you're giving yourself some slack and keeping busy, what ever that is.  Your writing has been much more expressive of doing stuff, this is good. It does also sound like the benefits of spending time with the kids and wife are better than the beginning of our communications. I'm gonna be a little less on here.  But will keep an eye out on your posts trying to call in from time to time.  Trying to be a little less selfish talking about me and more about you.  However, as a brain twin, I like talking with you.  It's nice not sharing with oldies,  hope that doesn't sound nasty.  If you do like to talk about something you're always welcome to give me a wave.  I have a lot of time for you, it's nice to have a brain twin who talks about brain stuff.  Thankyou and keep in touch, seriously, keep in touch. (Meow -cats are creepy)

@McFluffy brain twin like it.
I'm old in the head not the body sometimes I get of bed sometimes feeling old 😂.
Today was at phsio w son and support worker nearest town for me is a 45 Min drive down the hwy I legally can't drive my licence to was cancelled by gp after diagnosis. hence support workers my taxis I call em.
I went and hit some golf balls at a driving range had lunch by the beach it was a good day I'm exhausted now. I will stay in contact w you from time I most probably put my journey up for yourself and others to interact w drop us a chat enjoy speaking w brain twin that gets it and the uphill battles

Update no issues for real concern except living w early on set dementia doesn't allow you to advocate for yourself every one else makes the decisions for you.

As hard as it may be for you to understand,  the decision to stop you from being able to make decisions come from a medical perspective,  a doctor would have deemed that you no longer have capacity to make decisions safely about yourself. This would of come about due to your behaviour and poor choice over time. Unfortunately as dementia processes the person with dementia is normally unable to see that they put themselves and their family members in unsafe and dangerous situations due to their brain slowly being eaten way. I'm sure the person you put as your EPOA while you still had capacity is doing their best for you and your family  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance