Skip to main content

Re: Share a cuppa?

@Stout  You are absolutely correct. 
They are two different things.

I try to stay on topic. - My ADHD medication hasn’t started working yet.LOL

So you mentioned yesterday @Glisten that these dreams and nightmares mean my brain is functioning properly, or at least relatively normal. If that is so, I wonder what the purpose of nightmares is for people, other than to frighten the daylights out of us.

@Stout short term memory? Or any memory?

@Stout have you Googled psychology of nightmares?

G

The very bad dream the other night contained short and long term stuff. So PTSD isn't perhaps an interfering factory of the mind being able to retain ancient memory, without us being consciously aware of that retention, @Glisten 

@Stout 

Nightmares may be more likely to occur when an individual is stressed, anxious, or struggling with other difficult emotions in daily life; they may also occur seemingly randomly. In some cases, they may be triggered (or exacerbated) by mental health disorders.”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/basics/sleep/understanding-treating-nightmares?amp 

I don't worry to much @Glisten about researching things. Mostly had to deal with it myself, and as time went by didn't let it bother me. So I don't really need to look for answers unless I am in a chronic situation. I mostly seek help from others or mostly support. Its not chronic for me.

Cool, cool, cool @Stout 😎 

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were asking what or why we have nightmares.

Yes, it can be quite disturbing having nightmares.

Having those feelings of panic or wanting to scream in your sleep and you can’t and then you suddenly wake up panting for air.

That's a cool reference glisten. But in my small experience of the whole medical system, they blur the lines between what is and isn't. For industrial reasons I allege. I would say a lot more is know, than is published. For example the refence uses the term "may", so they don't delineate their explanation. From my educated perspective, what is published is a rehash of decades old speculation.

I have some very good SWs, who are ahead of the industrial game.

I am able in this discussion to delineate the conscious and the unconscious. What's real and what isn't.

@Stout what are SWs?