Skip to main content

Re: The grief in driving away from the hospital

Thanks for sharing @annie1268. Sorry for not replying sooner.

It seems the worst always happens when it's the most inconvenient time to ring your own support, doesn't it? Middle of the night, middle of Christmas dinner, first day of school for niece/nephew/grandchild/friends' kids, and so on. Sometimes I think I choose not to call and ask for help -even if the person wouldn't mind - because I feel like I shouldn't be a burden on other people. And sometimes in the midst of the bad times it makes me smile and feel more normal to think that life is going on for everyone else and one day I'll get back to that.

Re: The grief in driving away from the hospital

i hope things are settling down a bit or is it that as we get a better understanding of the illness that helps us manage our on emotions a bit better..i thought i had a reasonable understanding of mental illness untill i become personally involved and the better educated the easier the illnessis to understand ,,the treatments or lack of is what i fail to grasp..i get scared to comment on here sometimes because it becomes a big rant ,and then i just annoy myself ..have a great night